Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mark Caguioa, Very True To His Words

Who would have thought that Barangay Ginebra Kings (BGK) would be in the finals? They started 0-5. I even get frustrated at that time. But my Angel told me, it was just the first round. He even told me that BGK can still won the championship.

Then, BGK standing become 2-7. And a promise from Mark Caguioa (MC) had come in. I've searched YouTube for the interview but failed to find one. So instead, I have here a part of Game 3 where they showed a clip of the said interview. It was in the 6:24 mark. Here you go...



It was May 18, 2008. MC promised the BGK fans "I'm telling you, we'll go to the championship!". And I really hold on to that promise. I even quoted it in my first blog, JayJay Helterbrand - Second Best?. Now, today, July 27, 2008, MC fulfilled his promise. He was just very true to his word. I just wonder what do the detractors of MC are thinking or saying right now? Back May 18 they're uttering, "Talaga lang ha?". Hmm.. how about now, July 27? What are they uttering? Or they prefer to keep their mouth shut? For those who are saying that MC was boastful, brag, mayabang. Well, I think the word mayabang only applies to those who say's something that they cannot do. Like a coach who give his word, "We'll win the semis in Game 7". I'm sorry, but there'll be no more Game 7, neither Game 6, neither Game 5.

Game 4 is MC's revelation. For the last 3 games, it was JayJay's night. But tonight, JayJay just can't deliver. If I remember it right, he just earned 8 points. I fear that his statistics for the MVP race would really bring him down. Okay, enough with JayJay, MC is the star of this blog. From the 1st Quarter, I told Thania, "This game is Mark's". And yes, it was. He is just so unstoppable right from the 1st Quarter. Everytime he holds the leather, even a double nor a triple team can't stop him from earning a basket. He does not only own the 1st - 4th Quarter, he as well own the OverTime period. He finished with 35pts, 15/25FG, 2/4 3PT. Not even Red Bull's import can match his stats.

Again, I would like to re-iterate, Mark Caguioa, Very True To His Words. And I was so thankful that he does not disappoint me, and a million of his fans. And I was so glad that I hold on to his promise. He was not being boastful, He was just so FURIOUS!!!

0 comments: