Thursday, June 19, 2008

JayJay Helterbrand - Second Best?


It's been a long time since I'm into basketball. Those were the days when I've cheered for Johnny "The Flying A" Abarrientos of Alaska rather than cheering for Vergel "The Voyager" Meneses of Sunkist. Probably because, I always admire those who are "second best". Well, those were during my high school years. Then, I suddenly stop watching PBA.

Not until I've watched Game 6 of the 2007 All Filipino Cup (Ginebra vs San Miguel-now Magnolia). I really find if funny that the time-out signalled by JayJay "The Fast" Helterbrand of Ginebra was actually called good by the referee eventhough he was already falling out of bounds. On the other end, I find it cute the way he reacted when he missed his layup after that time-out, good thing, he was fouled. But what impressed me more was the way he makes the two crucial free throws, and eventually, made them won the championship. It's as if he never felt the pressure that time. From then on, I get addicted to basketball -- again. Ü

Maybe, JayJay is the second best among Ginebra players. Probably, Marc Caguioa is the best among them. But then, JayJay had been proving himself in the current 2008 PBA Fiesta Conference. The Caguioa-Less Ginebra still manages to climb to the top. Thanks to Chris Alexander, the Gentle Giant Import. And of course, The Fast, JayJay Helterbrand :)

As what Caguioa said "We'll make it to the championship"....


0 comments: