Saturday, July 26, 2008

JayJay and His 3s ... Again

You might want to read JayJay and His 3s first before continue reading on.

For the past 2 games, I hadn't post any article. Game 1, hmmm.. too early to celebrate, I might boast on the 9 win streak of Barangay Ginebra Kings (BGK). Game 2, I really, really love to create a blog. But words aren't coming easy since I wasn't able to watch the game. Game 3, this time, I was able to watch the game from the introduction up to the last seconds. And yes, goose pimples, butterfly in my stomach, pressure, it was all in me. My heart just starts to beat faster as the game is nearing its start.

Another reason why I hadn't have posted any article yet was, I was still thinking of a perfect title perhaps. And I am reserving "MC, Very True To His Word" once BGK makes it to the championship. I would want to have this bear the title "JayJay, The Next MVP?". It might caught a lot of attention. But, I rather have it JayJay and His 3s ... Again to encourage everyone to dig and read the first JayJay and His 3s. Okay, so much for the intro, here's what I wanted to say.

The Magical 3 for JayJay
Winning Game 3 of the Best of Seven Series against Red Bull gives BGK a 3-0 lead. One of the main reasons why BGK had been stealing the game from Red Bull were their 3 point shots.

Game 1 - The hailed TM tres King was JayJay Helterbrand having 2/7 from the 3 point country. And who else could have been the Best Player of the Game? It was still, JayJay "The Fast v.2.0" Helterbrand. He has 16 points and 10 selfless assists. No wonder, he was the best pointguard of the league.

Game 2 - I'll bet, he still was hailed TM tres King. As what Rochelle has told me, he erupted in the 3rd Quarter with a 6/12 from the 3 point arc. And again, he was the Best Player of the Game. 27 big points and 9 big assists. No wonder the commentators had been commending him as someone who's so difficult to guard. He has the power to make the points, and he has the talent to look for the open man. But wait, there's something I want to raise in here. As I remembered, one of the big 3 point shot of JayJay was an assist coming from Mark Caguioa. It was just so inspiring, that MC seems to be helping JayJay to really improve on his game. MCs first sacrifice was to be a 6th man for he sees JayJay stepping up in his game. And for this conference, MC had been giving JayJay the break. MC probably wanted his bestfriend, his tandem, to be the next Most Valuabel Player of the Season. MC, a salute to you. You was just so selfless.

Game 3 - I've been nervous for this game. I konw that Red Bull would definitely come back strong. And yes, they have. For most of the time, they've been dominating the game. They earned the 1st Quarter. Hmmm.. but JayJay is simply unstoppable, after hitting a two 3 pointers in the first half, he again launched a back to back 3 pointers to cut the lead and eventually tie the game by another 3 point shot by Junthy Valenzuela ending the 2nd Quarter. On the next quarters, its as if Red Bull still dominates the game. But hey, we have Sunday's saving grace. He hit a back to back 3 pointers plus a basket, having an 8-0 run (don't quite sure about the 0) against the Red Bull Barakos. The succeeding place were breathtaking. My brother even teased me that BGK won't win the game. But with all the prayers we've been making, BGK still rules. And guess who's the TM tres King and the Best Player of the Game? Yes, you're right, its JayJay Helterbrand, 20 points, 7 assists, and 4/6 from the rainbow country.

Now, I believe you know why this article had been JayJay and His 3s ... Again. For the first games of the semi finals best of 7 series, BGK won, 3-0. And for those 3 games, JayJay was hailed as the TM tres King and the Best Player of the Game. This could really make JayJay as the Next MVP. (JayJay na naman, lagi nalang si JayJay, puro nalang si JayJay, hahahaha)

One more game, and we're on the finals. MC would be the next big thing in my blog. Ooops, before I forgot, I've got a litle trivia. BGK is on its road in making history. Game 3 was their 11th win streak, it was just another win streak 12 years ago. :D

0 comments: