Sunday, October 19, 2008

Barangay Ginebra Kings Felt Tubid's Loss

My cousin was really encouraging me to watch tonight's ball game. He would even treat me with court side ticket (generous, huh?), just for me to come. But, I don't know, I said 'NO'.

Barangay Ginebra Kings (BGK) battled with the Red Bull (RB) Barakos, still, with a depleted line up. I was not able to watch the first few minutes of the game. Thanks to my ever-loving friends who updated me of what's happening while I was still on my way home. They've told me how JayJay Helterbrand sink in two 3 pointers. And I said, wow, it would be raining 3's again for BGK. But, a bad news had been sent to me, Ronald Tubid was called for a flagrant foul penalty 1. I really can't give comments since I was not able to see the play. All I know was it was against Rich Alvarez.

Luckily, I got home before the 1st Quarter was over. It was a seasaw battle for the 2 teams, until Tubid was ejected, being called for foul for second motion (sorry, poor memory, I can't remember if it was a technical foul or flagrant foul). Mark Caguioa, Raffy Reavis, and Billy Mamaril were not present. And now, Tubid was ejected. *sigh* How can BGK possibly win this one?

I really hate RB. From the coach to the players. For me, they had their dirty reputation, ha ha. I could have like Cyrus Baguio, only if he is not from RB. I simply hate the way they play. From Celino Cruz to Jojo Duncil to Gabby Espinas. Sorry to their fans, I just don't like the way RB plays. I have watched the 2nd Quarter, and who's that guy again? Paulo Hubalde? Oh, i'm sorry, I don't really know him. Is he a rookie? Well, I really don't care. He was just so, so bad. He has his back to back fouls, ha ha. He was about to stop JayJay's fastbreak in the dirty way. Oh it could have injured JayJay badly. Then, the following play had made the officials call for an offensive foul against him. His looks shows his attitude, bad! Ooops forgot to include dirty!

I can see the frustration in JayJay. It was his off night. I remember he had fired a 3 pointer that doesn't even reach the basket. Almost all of them, actually, had their off night. Sunday Salvacion's open 3 point shots just don't chip in. He only made 2 out of 6 attempts. Same with JunJun Cabatu, last game's hero, who has 2/7 3pt FG. Alex Crisano, Paul Artadi, Junthy Valenzuela, and Eric Menk were all having hard time in easy and open baskets.

But RB doesn't get away with the win easily. BGK is well known for their never say die attitude. And this attitude was exhibited by Willie Wilson. He had 10 big points, 3/3 FG and 4/4 FT. Perfect! Tubid was ejected, which, in turn gave Chris Pacana more playing minutes. I simply love the way he played. In every game, he would always dive for the lose ball. I am really cheering each time he would earn a basket, either from the field or from the free throw line. He never let me give up in the dying minutes with his excellent defense. He totaled 5 steals and 9 rebounds. I just said to myself, he could have been the Best Player of the Game if BGK won. But then again, BGK lost. Never the less, it just feels great. He shows what he can do for BGK. He had 18 big points. Hope to see more of those kind in the next games.

The scores:

Red Bull 100 -- Espinas 18, Baguio 15, Sharma 14, Hubalde 12, Alvarez 12, Rodriguez 8, Chan 7, Cruz 6, Duncil 5, Membrere 3, Najorda 0, Hrabak 0.

Ginebra 94 -- Helterbrand 22, Pacana 18, Salvacion 12, Wilson 10, Cabatu 8, Crisano 8, Artadi 6, Menk 6, Tubid 4, Escalona 0, Holper 0, Valenzuela 0.

Quarterscores: 30-22, 51-39, 70-62, 100-94

0 comments: